- Fire Extinguishers
- Hose Reels and Cabinets
- Fire Blankets
- Residential Fire Products
- Escape Breathing Apparatus
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Airline Breathing Apparatus
- Emergency Air System: Pro-Cab
- Resuscitation: Manual and Automatic Resuscitation System (MARS)
- Filtered Respiratory Systems
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Cylinders
- Communications Devices
- Personal Alarm Safety System Automatic Distress Signal Unit and Telemetry Systems
- Thermal Imaging
- TFT Nozzles & Monitors
- Gas Detection
- Sava Air Bags
Alarm and Evacuation
- VIGILANT® MX1 Fire Indicator Panel
- VIGILANT® MX4428 Fire Indicator Panel
- VIGILANT® QE90 Emergency Warning and Intercommunication System (EWIS)|
- Omega 64 Detection Panel
- FP1600 Fire Alarm Panel
- Sigma 5 Fire Alarm System
- Alpha 1 and Alpha 4 Fire Alarm Systems
- MX Series Addressable Modules
- MX VIRTUAL® Multi-Sensor Fire Detectors
- Warning Systems Ancillaries – Audio
- Warning Systems Ancillaries – Visual
- T-GEN 50 Tone Generator
- Mk2 Audio Visual Indicator
- MINERVA® S200 PLUS Triple Waveband Infrared Flame Detection
- STI-CIS Speech Intelligibility Meter
- VESDA systems
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Gaseous Agents
- Water Spray Deluge Systems
- Water Mist Systems
- Foam Systems
- Vehicle Fire Suppression
- Kitchen Fire Suppression
- Alarm and Evacuation
- Design Install Commission
- Industry Capabilities
- About Us
- Contact Us
- News and Information
- Industry Capabilities and Projects
- Technical Data Sheets
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Fire Safety Checklist
- Business Fire Safety Checklist
- Business Fire Safety Research
Your First Line of Defence
A potential fire can often be controlled before it really takes hold, if the right fire equipment is close at hand. Wormald offers a range of portable fire extinguishers to suit all types and classes of fires.
With locations around New Zealand and one of New Zealand’s largest teams of portable fire equipment technicians, we are also there to help you with selecting the correct fire extinguisher, installation, training and servicing.
For an overview of our Fire Extinguisher range, please download our Portable Fire Equipment Catalogue.
Powder Fire Extinguishers (ABE), distinguished by a white coloured band around the top of the cylinder, are the most widely used type and are suited for fires in the house, boat, garage, car or caravan.
Powder Fire Extinguishers (BE) are also distinguished by a white coloured band around the cylinder and discharge a fine powder that absorbs fuel molecules, depriving the fire of a fuel source. They are best suited to put out fires in the boat, car or caravan.
Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers, red with an oatmeal coloured band, these fire extinguishers use an aqueous solution discharged in a fine spray to the surface of Class F fires such as oils and fats.
Water Fire Extinguishers are completely red with no coloured band, while Foam Fire Extinguishers have a blue coloured band. They are effective against Class A fires involving paper, textiles, wood, plastics and rubber.
Foam Fire Extinguishers are red with a blue band. They are effective against Class A & B fires involving paper, textiles, wood, plastics, rubber, petrol, oil and paints.
Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguishers (CO2) are red with a black coloured band. They are recommended for use in Class E fires involving energised electronic equipment.
Ansul Red Line Fire Extinguishers Ansul Red Line fire extinguishers are rugged, durable, reliable, easy to operate and can be used with many different types of extinguishing agents. .
Ansul Red Line Portable Fire Extinguishers Having fire fighting equipment that is up to the task can stop a small, containable fire from quickly getting out of control.
Fire Products Enquiries
At Wormald we offer a range of products and services for the New Zealand market.
- Information Collection Statement
- Compliments & Complaints
- Trading With Wormald
- Fire Extinguishers
- Alarms & Evacuation Systems
- Fire Systems
- Fire Services
- Fire Safety Training
© Copyright Tyco Australia Pty Limited 2010. All Rights Reserved